If you’re looking for a quick and tasty salad recipe, try this tomato cucumber salad. It makes the perfect side dish, lunchtime snack or vegetarian option and be sure to try the salad dressing…
Tomato cucumber salad
- 3-4 medium to large ripe tomatoes chopped
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ to ⅓ English cucumber finely chopped
- ½ slab feta cheese cut into little squares or crumbled
- 9-12 pitted black olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 medium ripe avocados cut into chunks (optional)
- 4 leaves of butter lettuce roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp O for Olive extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp O for Olive salad dressing
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Finely chop the tomatoes and salt well (4 grinds).
- Leave tomato for 5-10 minutes as the salt sweetens and reduces acidity.
- Chop cucumber in small squares followed by the feta cheese.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl including finely sliced red onion and any optional extras like avo or lettuce.
- Give a few grinds of pepper, as desired.
- Then add tomato mix and the dressing.Taste and adjust to your palate.