An easy-to-make, flavourful potato olive bake that you can enjoy with so many meals. Ideal as a healthy side dinner dish or vegetarian option.
Potato olive bake
- 4 white potatoes
- 1 large red sweet potato
- ½ red onion chopped
- Small red pepper chopped
- 4-6 tbsp pitted black olives or green, whole or quartered
- O for Olive extra virgin olive oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 °C..
- Cube potatoes and par cook with jackets on (microwave or boil).
- Season baking dish with coarsely ground salt and pepper.
- Pour a glug of olive oil into the dish so it thinly coats the bottom then add the potatoes.
- Season potatoes well with salt and pepper.
- Add red onion and peppers to dish and mix together, drizzling more olive oil over the mix.
- Layer quartered olives on top. Place in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes.